Living spaces often change the entire way you regard your residence. Much like the inside of your home, your outdoor space should have designated areas for the many different things you and your family may do, from hobbies and relaxing to entertaining and recreation. This is best achieved with an outdoor living environment consisting of two or more structures designed together and working as one large structure. Homeowners with a zest for outdoor living crave spaces with maximum style, function and continuity, and those that combine multiple structures fit this need!
Naturally, many people think of building outdoor projects when the weather is nice and they want to get outside, but it can be challenging to hire a quality contractor during this time. Backlogs begin to lengthen as warmer weather arrives. Moving ahead with your outdoor design will secure a spot on our schedule and ensure your space is ready to enjoy by late spring into summer. Delaying your anticipated project or addition can leave you filled with regret. Here is a list of the top five reasons for choosing to move ahead now:
- Having a special spot to watch the season unfolds in your own backyard — with a custom outdoor living space you will have a front row seat from the first tulip bloom of the spring to the final amber leaves of autumn.
- More room for entertaining — with the addition of a deck, patio or outdoor room you will add a tremendous amount of functional living space to your home. Your outdoor living space serves as a valuable extension for family gatherings and special occasions, allowing you room to “spread out” comfortably.
- Outdoor cooking and dining opportunities abound — what would the warm season be without a backyard barbecue? Or enjoying a steak dinner on the backyard grill? The tastes and aromas of summer are ingrained in our memories and are part of what make the outdoor living season so fun! Today’s backyard designs encompass more than just a grill. Outdoor kitchens, refrigerators and much more can be part of your ideal outdoor gourmet design!
- Watching the stars (or lightning bugs) on a warm summer night — imagine staring at the stars on your deck with your significant other, pointing out the constellations together with your children or just enjoying a glass of cold iced tea while you watch them catch those Maryland fireflies. These times aren’t as memorable without an adequate outdoor living space to enjoy life’s little moments in comfort.
- Shade, shade and more shade — when the weather is mild enough to enjoy your backyard without the need for a shady retreat, you don’t think about it. But as you know, it will not stay that way for very long. Summer in the DC-Baltimore area can become quite humid and hot. Having the comfort of a porch or outdoor room to retreat to during these times is a delight! Don’t be forced indoors by the heat of the sun — make your vision for a shady spot in your backyard a reality by contacting us today!
Don’t delay. Custom designing and building your outdoor living area begins with an onsite visit with you and a clear understanding of what your mental picture is for your space. Being able to see what you “see” when you think about your ideal backyard retreat, and then to translate that into a design and a structure customized for you and your family, starts with these types of questions:
- How do you plan to utilize this space for special occasions and/or everyday use?
- Will you cook, dine, entertain and relax in this area?
- Are you considering the addition of a water or fire feature?
- Do you want enclosed areas for protection, wide open spaces or a combination of both?
- What are your personal tastes and style choices for materials and colors?