Create the Bath You’ve Always Wanted
The bathroom is a sanctuary in your home – a space for privacy, primping, and even relaxation. Remodeling this space, be it a master bath, hallway bathroom, or powder room, increases your home’s value and is also an investment in your comfort.
Make It Your Own!
Your new bathroom should function the way you use it and give you that little “wow!” intake of breath every time you step through the door.
A spacious and luxurious shower, soaking tub, custom-designed tile work, a beautiful sink and vanity, distinctive fixtures, new cabinetry, plentiful storage, layered lighting, and heated floors are all possible components in your new bathroom.
Visit our bathroom portfolio for photos taken from some of our projects.
Knowing How You Will Use the Space Helps Designers Improve Functionality
Your designer/builder will need to know how you want to use your new bathroom before schematics and renderings are drawn because this essential insight drives the design.
- Who will use it? Is it a master bath for you alone, you and your mate, or should it accommodate the whole family? Is it a space for guests or children? Will someone with limited mobility use it now or in the future?
- Is individual space needed? Do you require one sink or two? Should dual sinks be completely separate or side-by-side? Are two medicine cabinets better than one?
- What amount of counter space is ideal? If you require additional counter space, will the current bathroom footprint allow it or do you need to find additional space?
- Shower, bath, or both? Do you want an enlarged shower with spa-like options? Will you sacrifice your tub for a larger shower or can your space fit both a shower and tub? Would a tub/shower combo make the most sense or will a tub inhibit mobility?
- How much storage will you use? Do you have a nearby linen closet or do you rely on your bathroom for storing towels, toiletries, medication, make-up, and cleaning supplies?
- What lighting is ideal? Applying cosmetics and shaving require bright light while relaxing in a soaking tub calls for soft lighting. A layered lighting plan should address your different needs.
- Aging in place? There are several universal design considerations to make for someone with limited mobility including safety bars, walk-in showers, wall-mounted sinks, wider doorways with paddle handles, and open floor space.
Where Do You Start?
Will your new bathroom exceed your expectations as a beautiful and functional space? It had better! Choosing the right company to remodel a room in your home is a decision you must make carefully and thoughtfully. Unlike buying a car, you cannot test drive a set of blueprints and renderings. Experience, credentials, and references are your best resources for finding a company you can trust.
Houseworks Unlimited, one of the top design/build companies in the DC-Baltimore metro region, takes a very unique approach to remodeling bathrooms. From design through successful completion, we transform our insight on how you plan to use the space into a distinctive design custom-tailored just for you. Since 1990, clients have come to expect quality service and craftsmanship on each and every project.
We invite you to ask questions, call and visit our references, research us online, check our licensing, and schedule a free in-person consultation. You should feel confident in the lasting quality of our work and comfortable with the working relationship we will share while designing and building you the most gorgeous bathroom in the neighborhood!